On preparation for the interviews for my documentary, I needed to think of specific questions that will gain the information I needed to advice my listeners of the Burns Supper.
With Peter T Hughes being highly knowledgeable about the Burns Supper, I knew that he would have lots of information regarding Robert Burns and therefore I used the following questions to really try and gain specific information.
- What is the Burns Supper?
- Why is it celebrated?
- There are many traditions – Why do we do these traditions?
- What traditions do we still hold from the beginning of the Burns Supper?
- What traditions are recently new?
- Have these traditions changed over the years?
- Why did these changes take place?
- Why do people all around the world celebrate the Burns Supper?
- What do you think will change in the future?
Having fairly open questions gave Peter T Hughes the opportunity to expand on many of his answers, while trying to probe specific information on people and traditions that came into discussion.